Saturday, June 24, 2006

Gut-Shot Desks and Busted Tailbones

Originally posted May 10, 2006

I am sitting here at work, whiling away my last hour before I abandon ship for the day. Jon is in training today with Brian. They're learning all about RedHat. I'm not sure if either of them will subject themselves to the rigors of the RHCT test after this week's class. Jon might, but Brian is leaning towards the side of the department that doesn't require RedHat training, so he may not. This is the first day in years that I've had to work the desk solo. Five stations and one person make for a lot of wheeling around in my chair. I can't complain too much. There have been busy hours, but nothing overwhelming. This just confirms my fear that our desk is not long for this world. I'm hoping I can get transferred to another help desk in my department before that happens.


On the lighter side, I have to go to the doctor on Monday. Wheeee! I've got a persistent pain in my tailbone that I fear is going to need medical attention before me and the fam fly out to Utah in June. It's bad enough sitting at work for 12 hours, at least here I can stretch my legs and adjust my seating position. Four hours on an airplane will not be so forgiving.


So I guess you could literally say that this day has been a pain in my @$$.

No comments: