Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy Father's Day! That's This Week, Right?

I feel a little guilty for not posting this last week right after Father’s Day, but here we are. I had a wonderful Father’s Day, complete with a stirring rendition of “Daddy’s Homecoming” by my daughter and the rest of the young children at church. Stacy and the girls gave me what could possibly be the sweetest and most cherished gift ever (forgive the sentimentality, I have a weakness for it when my kids are concerned) in the form of a custom photo album designed to sit on a desk and rotate through pictures (Creative Memories Picfolio Minutes, standby for shameless plug leading to Stacy's Web site.) There are three pages in the album each drawn or written by one of the girls along with some poems calculated to bring a tear to my eye and some great candids of the girls. It has a place of honor on my desk, right near my workstation. I have already proudly showed it off to a few of my interested cubicle visitors.

They also picked out a Wii game for me, Super Paper Mario. It’s a good one, full of the unique humor that made Super Mario RPG so fun on the Super Nintendo. It uses the Wii’s particular controller mechanism only peripherally, but that doesn’t detract from the fun of the game. It poses itself as a 2D sidescroller, but has the highly enjoyable feature to turn the screen sideways so you can look at the game field in all its flat glory from the side. Many hints, secrets, and required items can be found hidden in this third dimension that is so strange and unusual to the two dimensional inhabitants of that world. If you have a Wii and enjoy Mario games, I highly recommend the game.

MetaBlog Update Department:
This is my 100th post. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you liked it. I wasnt sure if it was good enough.