Saturday, July 01, 2006

Post Eaten by MS Word. Scientists Baffled

I posted an entry the day after my surgery. It wasn't much, but it isn't here. I posted through the Blogger plug-in for MS Word, which seems to have a flaky log-in component. I think I've got it down now, though.

Nothing really much to say. I was drugged (still am, actually) at the time and just popped in to tell everyone that it went swimmingly. No more pilonidal cyst. Unfortunately, the surgeon stitched me back up. This makes for a shorter recovery time (7 to 10 days) but gives me a 50% chance of another pilonidal cyst in the future. I don't like those odds, but it is my own fault for not specifying how I wanted the surgeon to perform the operation. I don't know why, but it seemed presuming of me to tell him how to do his job. In hindsight, I should have ignored that feeling and told him anyway.

Funny story, when telling my wife what I had done, my five-year-old girl will bend over double, showing her rear. She motions over her behind with both hands and says, "They took daddy's parts out of here." Kids say the darndest things, don't they? I'm just waiting for Stacy to tell me that Vicki illustrated my surgery in the middle of church.

I've been up and about a bit too much for the past two days. I am going to be out on my duff for the next couple of days to try to recover a little faster. Whether that means that you will see more inanity or not remains to be, uh, seen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they took your parts out of "there".

Jon Maki said...

Another great episode of The Venture Bros. tonight. I almost passed out laughing so hard at the opening segment with 21 and 24.
Dadadadada-DADADA-DADADA!!!
Good luck with the recovery. Remember: Only you can save me from having to spend another weekend with Chip.
(Actually, I think I'm only stuck with him one day next weekend. Even so, get well soon.)

Jon Maki said...

Oh yeah; and The Monarch in Sideways House!
(Or Sideways Cocoon, as the case may be)
"How are things in this crazy sideways floating lair?"
"Awful!"

Merlin T Wizard said...

Grrr. No TV or Internet cable this weekend, or now. Post on that to follow. The short of it is that I haven't seen the episode yet. Remind you of yourself a week ago?

Jon Maki said...

Well, I still don't have Cartoon Network, so it remains familiar.
I do have all the other channels and Internet, though, so I'm sorry about the crappy pre-industrial revolution situation you're faced with.