Monday, September 22, 2008

Yar, Me Mateys!

As many of you know, Friday was International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I truly enjoy this day of the year, probably a lot more than is healthy. The next day, we were invited to a pirate party for a friend of our daughters. Since his parents, Karen and Paul, are good friends of mine and he asked so nicely, Stacy and I dug out our pirate costumes from Halloween a couple of years ago and came dressed for the occasion. We decided to go all out this year and embellished my beard a bit. This is the final result.


We even gave the girls some pirate braids in their hair. Great fun was had by all. I think I enjoyed the treasure hunt and pin the flag on the pirate map the most. The cake was a crazy affair. They managed to get a full pirate ship, about 24" X 12" that reached probably about 10" at its poop deck (I said poop deck.) Delicious cake, but the real entertainment was watching poor Karen try to cut and serve it. The poop deck (I said it again,) pieces toppled as soon as they were cut, so some of the cake may have had an extra fingerprint or two. I don't think anyone minded.

Anyway, it was a very piratey weekend. I hope everyone had a chance to celebrate in their own way.

Unrelated Side Note Dept.
I finally received a response from my facilitator on the plagiarism accusation. She says, considering my contribution to the class, that she's inclined to believe that I'm not plagiarizing, but needs proof. So now I'm inserting date/time stamps in random places in my code in an attempt to prove innocence. We'll see how it pans out.

3 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

I still can not believe she thought you were plagiarizing, and then had the guts to accuse you with out even asking. For those of your who did not get to read all the quotes it was totally out of left field. I think she might be crazy it seems to be going around.

Huffy said...

Well happy birthday !!!! Glad you had fun. By looking at your picture and seeing how well you write,,,,you are in the wrong business. Leave the computer business become an actor / writer in show business. Seriously!! I love the picture You really do look like a pirate. Any ways I cant believe a teacher accused you of plagiarizing your work. You have to be the most original thinking person I have ever known. Hey just have the facilitator read your blog. That's proof enough. I take it this was for code C++ etc?
well best of luck. oh PS Vince told me your mom was reading your blog and read the first few line of my blog and though you were losing your job. glad it wasn't you

Merlin T Wizard said...

Thanks for the compliments, Dan. I wouldn't mind making money doing fun stuff like that, but I'm afraid my creative output isn't what it would need to be. I appreciate it, though! I think the plagiarism thing is all cleared up now.

Sorry to hear about the AOL thing. That really sucks. :(