Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gastrointestinal Blues

Stacy woke up in the middle of the night with some serious gastrointestinal complaints. After hearing her repeated trips to the bathroom, I decided that there was no way she was able to take care of our three kids, the two she watches every day, and herself. So I'm home today taking care of the girls. I feel a little bad that we canceled day care on such short notice, but there was no predicting this one. I'm more sad that I'm going to miss the farewell lunch for my coworker today. I wish her well in her new job at ThinkGeek

My previous class ended Monday and the next one won't start until next Tuesday, so I'm left with a bit more free time than I'm accustomed to. Maybe I'll have a chance to update this blog a little more regularly this week.

Yeah, you're right, probably not. I'm too much of a slacker and I won't amount to nuthin'.

4 comments:

Jon Maki said...

It's true; you are a s slacker and you won't amount to anything.
I, on the other hand, am a rebel, and will therefore never be any good.

Jon Maki said...

Also, your post title could make for an alternative version of Nick Cave's Abbattoir Blues:

I got the gastrointestinal blues
I got the gastrointestinal blues
I got the gastrointestinal blues
All over my shoes

Huffy said...

Sorry to hear the wife is sick. I hope she gets better soon and then motivates you to see more movies. That way you could have prevented me from seeing that karate panda movie. I wish you guys the best

Merlin T Wizard said...

Stacy's feeling much better today, thanks for the sympathies.

Jon,

That's true, you are a rebel. The Abbattoir Blues cover is perfect, too.

Dan,

We've actually got tickets to see Kung-Fu Panda Monday. Vicki's school was doing a family movie night so we got the tickets at a discount through them. I'm afraid I was destined to see the movie either way.