Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

I opened my lunch to discover a sweet poem from my wife. Then I sit down to eat and find she's posted another note to me on her blog. I'd remiss (and an utter ass) if I didn't respond in kind. So, those of you that aren't my wife, please excuse me as I wax poetic.

How simple to be happy here in heaven!
After all, one doesn't want for much.
Passion finds its willing partner, ever
Pleased to please with a deft and tender touch.
Yearning is like walking through a valley
Veiled in the loveliness of flowers.
All the beauty of the earth can only
Lead us to the edge of what is ours.
Etched into our love there is a message,
Not of now but of all time and place,
Telling of a truth beyond the passage
In which we move from mystery to grace.
Nor are there signs that such content can be
Except my love for you, and yours for me.


-Nicholas Gordon

I love you, Stacy, now and forever.

1 comment:

lbugsh2 said...

I liked that one. Thank you.