Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Eeek! A dragon!

My birthday was a couple of days ago, but since my in-laws were leaving on the day, Stacy decided to celebrate the day before. I usually don’t go in for birthday parties. They make me uncomfortable for some reason. It was nice to have family and friends nearby, though. I also got some nice loot.

I used to make a mental list of my gifts the day after I got them, just to keep track. I figure now that I’ve got this here blog thingie, I can do the same thing here. So, for those of you not interested in my gift list, you can skip down to the geeky pictures I took of my new dragon.

Here they are, with gift givers and in no order whatsoever:


Rappan Athuk Reloaded numbered 456/1000 – Stacy



Races of Destiny and Races of the Wild– McCoards


Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf for Nintendo DS – Vincent


Star Wars Legos II for Gamecube – my girls


Mythology – Jon


High Anxiety – Jon


Fomorian Giant – Ryan & Katie

Papasan – Ryan & Katie

Sofa, Loveseat, & Tables – Frisbys, Ryan, & Katie


$25 – Frisbys


$40 – Mom




Keane, Switchfoot, & Jack Johnson CDs – Julia & Brad

Colossal Red Dragon – Neil & Jo

This is where I geek out. Stacy made me guess what was in the last present before I could open it. Judging by the overall theme of the gifts and the size of the box, I figured it out and I couldn’t have been more excited. Here is the Colossal Red Dragon in all its miniature glory.

Here you can see the full model

Ground level so you can get a feel for scale

This is my favorite shot. How would you like to be at the business end of this fireball?

Thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday and especially to those that gave me gifts!

No comments: