Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inexplicably Bruised/Broken Rib - or Gall Stones! Yay!

My right bottom rib has been giving me some pain in the last few weeks. I finally went to the doctor today to figure out what's going wrong. He said that if I bruised it, it could take weeks and weeks to heal. Just in case I fractured it, he ordered x-rays, which were surprisingly fast and convenient to take. He says if it doesn't get better over time or gets worse after big meals or eating fatty foods, I could have gall stones. Yay! So here I am, with an inexplicably pained rib area that could be nothing to worry about, a broken bone, or a sharp, pointy stone that wants to pass through my innards.

My bet is on bruised rib. We have been camping a lot lately and I think the constant tossing and turning on the hard ground may have caused me some damage. I'm all for the air mattress that we picked up this week. We're going again on Saturday, so I guess I'll know then.

Wish me luck!

Unrelated Side Note Dept.
Iron Man came out on DVD today. If you remember, I was just a little fond of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, now is your chance to get it on the small screen.

2 comments:

Huffy said...

Holy crap!!!!!! I hope its a bruised rib or something other than a gall stone. I had kidney stones before...and I heard gall stones are worst. I'm not a druggy but If you have kidney stones OR GALL STONES. You will want any dang thing you can get your hands on. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery! I know I tease you (sorry about the wish for sextuplets) but seriously I hope you are OK. PS I loved Iron Man. I want his suite. Also Burn after reading was one of the worst movies I have ever seen but I truly loved Eagle Eye. Good Luck Sure shot Scott...LOL Blame Vince for splillin The Beans

Merlin T Wizard said...

Thanks, Dan! Unfortunately, the signs are pointing to gall stones. I've had kidney stones before, too. Trust me, morphine will be administered if I go into the hospital.

That's too bad about Burn After Reading. I thought it might be good. I still want to see Eagle Eye.

As for the Sure Shot nickname, it doesn't take much digging to figure that one out. I'm proud of that one.