Friday, June 27, 2008

OD on Awesome

I've been so busy this week with schoolwork, family, and playing Boom Blox (almost worth a sick day, that game,) that I haven't had chance to do much else. I've been wanting to post about this for a couple of days, though.

I think I overdosed on awesomeness last week. I finally got around to downloading the new episodes of Metalocalypse and Venture Bros. I cannot recall two series that have been as consistently entertaining as these. Every episode includes classic moments that Jon and I will recall repeatedly like the nerds we are.

Metalocalypse, in its over-the-top metal way, always gets a guffaw out of me. I was going to look for some quotes from the various episodes I watched, I think there were five or six, but my brain almost exploded thinking back on how many funny lines there were.

If you don't watch Venture Bros., you should. If you watched it and you don't like it, then we are in very different places. I've posted a few reviews of the last season here before. I'm not going to try to sum up the four episodes I watched last week. It's too much awesome for one place. Suffice it to say that my favorite guest star made a reappearance in a recent episode. That's right, Henry Killinger and his Magic Murder Bag. I love his character so much that I named my newest office computer after him. I now have orpheus, jonas, and killinger as my work PCs. If I could assign my Mac a static IP at work, it'd probably be number24 or something.

Ok, in retrospect, this post really doesn't do much to convey the sheer amount of face rocking that Venture Bros. and Metalocalypse delivered to me last Saturday. I guess yous goings to haves to take my words for it. OR! You could check out one or two episodes at Adultswim.com and be face-rocked yourself.

Venture Bros. - Home Is Where the Hate Is
Metalocalypse - The Revengencers

2 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

I still do not think they rock. But I do like Patrick Warburton

Merlin T Wizard said...

Well, not everyone is perfect. But I'll forgive you because you sex me up. Now, give me some sugar.