Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Good News!

I'm really excited. I was going to post this later when things are finalized, but I don't think I can wait. I just got off the phone with Stacy so she knows first (I'd hate to have her learn from someone else that's read my blog.)

I got a huge promotion! It involves a bit of travel, but I think it's worth it. Besides, what's a couple of trips to Iceland when this much money is involved? Did I mention the money? Scads of it! We're going to have the biggest house in Saskatchewan! Oh yeah, we have to move to Saskatchewan. The commute will be pretty much the same anywhere we live out there, since I'll have the corporate helicopter to pick me up. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the semi-quarterly meetings in Southern Mexico. I think somewhere in Mérida, Yucatán. I hear they've got really cheap medication for sale down there, so I can hook some people up while I'm at it.

We're so excited! We'll be flying to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Friday for a house-hunting expedition (sled dogs and everything, it's going to be great!) Anyone want to watch Blue for us while we're gone?

Leave your congratulations in the comments!

11 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

LOL you are so funny. As long as they have skiing you know I am game. Oh and that my scrapbook stuff will ship there. =) Nice Joke.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Meh, not nearly as good as some of the others I saw out there. I've never been all that good at April Fool's jokes. Thanks though!

RNandKT said...

I had Ryan believing someone had sent me flowers and love note for my Birthday! His face got all red and mad it was great.

Adarkar9 said...

Nice one, bro. You had me going until the corporate helicopter.

Merlin T Wizard said...

That's pretty good, Katie. Ryan's hilarious when he blushes. Remember the gold coins we gave you two for Christmas years ago?

Thanks, David. I'm surprised I got anyone fooled after the line about the trips to Iceland. Did you see any of the other April Fool's jokes online? Youtube created a massive Rickroll and Google had a couple of good ones, including post-dated gmail.

Adarkar9 said...

We actually send people to Iceland on occasion. They hold some human genetics conference over there.

I did not see any other April Fool's jokes, but I did hear how the day came to be. I am not an April Fool.

Merlin T Wizard said...

So your post led me to look up April Fool's Day on Wikipedia. I didn't see anything there that really stood out. What did you hear about the day?

Adarkar9 said...

The story that I heard is among the many on Wikipedia, although they do not mention "April fools". According to the version I heard, "April fools" were those that refused to accept (or didn't know about) the change of New Year's Day from April 1 to January 1.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Yeah, I read that. I guess neither of us are April fools, then. Come to think of it, there probably hasn't been a real April fool for some time now.

RNandKT said...

I didn't blush I just kept smiling saying I didn't buy you any flowers whilst I quietly contemplated who I was going to kill. It sucks having your wife's birthday the day before April Fools, that and the whole thing with her being smarter and witty-er etc etc.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Well, you married her (and we're all glad you did, believe me!) so you've got no one to blame but yourself. As for the rest of us, we think it's great. Go get 'im, KT!