Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Survived

It looks like I'll be making it to that 10 year milestone at work. We just had a huge layoff yesterday and I managed to dodge the ax one more time. Even though I still have a job, I have to wonder how long it will be around. The direction of the company is still shifting away from the model that requires the tools I create. I just hope I can hang on long enough to finish school and find a more stable job that still allows me to provide for my family.

My sympathies and congratulations go out to friends that didn't make it. Sympathy for those that do not need the kind of uncertainty that unemployment brings in their lives right now. Congratulations for those that are enjoying the severance package, taking a little break, and (hopefully) finding a better job out there somewhere.

Godspeed.

No comments: