Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yo Ho, Web 2.0!

New word time!

"Moblo". No, that's not what the Hollywood starlet said to her sugar daddy.

So Jon and I (where were you. Brian?) went to Web 2.0 training today. Most of the time. we go to these more for the sweet OT that they reward rather than hoping to get much out of them. There's not a lot of demand for anything beyond minor problem-solving skills and ridiculously proprietery knowledge to do our jobs.

However, this training gave me quite a few ideas. There are some technological advances that Web 2.0 is advancing that I will probably look into, such as AJAX and XHTML. I'll be sure to post some of my experiments here.

That's not why I'm blogging tonight, though. You see, I learned a new term today, "Moblog". It stands for "Mobile Blogging", or blogging with a mobile device such as a smart phone, which is exactly what I'm doing right now (I love you, T-Mobile MDA!)

But I can't be bothered with this unwieldly six-letter word! Naw, man, I gots places ta be and shiznit.

So the word is moblo, not moblog.

No comments: