Saturday, December 09, 2006

Spektacular Spektorama

Thanks to Jon and BestWeekEver.tv, I have been thoroughly addicted to Regina Spektor. She's all that's been in my car stereo and my mp3 player all week. I have loved female singer/songwriters that play piano since Tori Amos made the scene in the early '90s. There have been a couple lately that have caught my eye, like Vanessa Carlton (she wants me,) but none have caught my ear quite like Spektor. If you haven't heard her yet, check out the smorgasbord of Spektor videos below. If you have heard her, then you know how good she is and you'll probably watch the videos below. If you don't like her, then there's no accounting for taste, but you should still watch the first video below. I dare you to get the refrain from Hotel Song out of your head for the rest of the day (Little bag of cocaine, little bag of cocaine...)




Hotel Song
(I know it's not an official video, but the song quality is good and the video is tolerable.)

Fidelity

Us

Somedays

(Another unofficial video, but this one has some professional production values.)





Better




Ode to Divorce



1 comment:

Jon Maki said...

In the "Us" video I saw a dash of Brittany Murphy added to the Fiona Apple/Tori Amos mix.