Saturday, July 08, 2006

Pain in my Ass Pt. 3 and Food

Since I got a comment asking how my ass was doing, I thought I'd share with the whole class. I was doing fine up until today. I think the top stitch has become infected. I'm going in for my follow-up appointment on Monday, so we'll see what the doctor says. The short of it is, my ass is a pain in my ass. In an unrelated note, I have been cooking a lot lately. As I mentioned before, I found my inner chef a few weeks ago and have been enjoying work in the kitchen since then. One of the things I have noticed from watching Food Network, which I do often, is that the chefs, no matter how simple the meal, always devote some time to presentation. I realized that my family never did. We'd put hot pads down and put the pot or pans of food on it with a big spoon or fork for serving. Everyone would dig in a la buffet. Since working more in the kitchen, I have started to take some pride in my presentation. It is certainly amateurish, but I am happy with the way some of my dishes have turned out. I'm thinking of snapping some pics of them and posting my meal creations here. I'll see if I can make another pretty meal and remember to take a picture before I eat it. Tonight, Stacy and I made Grilled Raspberry Thyme Chicken on a bed of fresh spinach, cantaloupe, and raspberries with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Side dishes included Rustic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and Southwest Biscuits. It was very tasty.

No comments: